Another bout of flu! I can't even tell you how frustrating this has become! Finally up and running again today, but still not 100%.
Julie, I have sent your cutter. Finally!
Saturday, I took a train to Toronto, very early in the morning, and spent the whole 2 hour trip working on Hexi's. it was so relaxing and I got about 40 Hexi's made. I am working on a poinsettia tablecloth while I hand piece on Wednesday afternoons with my friends. I have the first of about 15 flowers finished, and only about 15 more to go... Another LOVE project!
|Poinsettia table cloth block|
I spent the weekend with two of my sons and dragged myself to all kinds of activities. I really should have been home in bed! At any rate. My grandson was competing in Show Choir Canada. Although they didn't win, it was an amazing experience for him and a real eye opener for me. He lives in a town of 19,000 and they were in the top 6 of 12 competing teams. Seven of the 12 teams were from Toronto, 2.79 million people, including the top 2 teams overall. I was so proud of my grandsons' team!
|My Blonde headed grandson is hiding in the centre back!|
I dragged myself onto the train at 6 pm Sunday night, and travelled beside a young man from Paris, France. We had a nice conversation about his life here in Canada, and I chuckled when he commented about my "old School" sewing, (I made hexes all the way home) and my technology skills (I had my Ipad and IPhone on my lap).
|I love these hexi's!|
Things I found on the web...
- Avocado chocolate smoothie by sew many ways. Sounds yummiest!
- Last week there was a mug rug hop that I really enjoyed. Madame Samm has posted all the mats on Pinterest. You can see them here...
- Autumn cinnamon scrolls! They sound so yummiest. From Samellas Mum!
- Block 4 tutorial for the virtual quilting bee is available.
- Cake batter dip. Sounds delicious. Great for a kids birthday party.
- Blueberry Buckle from Don't Call Me Betsy
- Nutz for Red-work shared this... Hawaiian pie. Oh oh, this is another good one!