Monday, May 20, 2013

Sew-A-Long Day 1


Step one…

Today, May 20th, 2013…  is the first day for my sew-a-long and even though I didn’t get a lot of comments about people sewing along, I decided it was a good thing to carry on as if I had, since I am really thinking of it as a tutorial. all of the information I am sharing today is readily available on the byannie.com website. 

First thing… you need to read the front AND the back of your pattern. This will help you determine several things…

Information about the pattern from the front.
  • Easy acces to cell phone, ID, credit cards and more
  • Short and longs straps
  •  Everything you need will fit into this compact little case
  • Six pockets with zipper of flap closure.
  • Fashionable
  • Contact information in case there is a problem.



Information about and descriptions of the pattern. Here’s what I learnt on the back of the pattern
  • This case will carry your cell phone, credit cards, cash, ID, business cards, keys, lipstick, cell phone, Digital camera or MP3 player!
  • There are short and long detachable straps so you can carry it over the shoulder, across the body, around the waist, slipped over the wrist, on a belt, or looped to a purse handle.

Size of finished pattern
  • Wasn’t I surprised to see that this pattern was only 3” W x 5” H x 2”D. I originally thought it was a little backpack that would be great for the kids from the picture on the front.  I still do think it will be a great bag for the kids!


Fabric and Supplies needed
  • Home Deck Fabrics work especially well for this bag. I think it would be great using scraps of Quilting fabric as well
  •  If you use quilting cottons be sure to get some lightweight interfacing. You will need it to stiffen up the bag body!
  • The rest of the things, I had at home, clear vinyl, Velcro, elastic and a 14” or longer zipper. (that doesn’t happen often, but I was relieved it worked out this time)
  •  The hardware is always a problem for me. I ordered mine from ByAnnie because this bag needed ½” hardware, which I couldn’t find anywhere.

Who to contact if you have any problems.
  •   I love Byannie patterns because the support is awesome. She has a lot of tutorials and some even have videos.

 I will be back day after tomorrow with part 2 of my tutorial!

No comments: