Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Finally..

Time to sew!
For the first time in a month, I had my grandchildren yesterday morning. I have tried to take the little ones, a funny little 2 year old and 2, 4 year olds on Tuesday's for a play date.  It was a long morning, I was still a little weak from weeks of being sick, but we got a chance to go and walk the boardwalk and my 4 year old grandson told me all about the troll under the only wooden part left of the boardwalk. Apparently he is a very mean troll and will come out to fight you if you wake him up. So the four of us tippy toed across the bridge in silence, for fear of the trolls wrath! Oh where was my camera?

I came home in the afternoon determined to finish the two Ipad cases I was working on. The pattern is from... By Annie, MiPad Bag... and this is the third one I have made. I finished the one below, but the other one didn't quite make it. I will finish it today.

Mipad BAg
MiPad Bag for me.
The front panel of this bag is an embroidery panel that I made using an Advanced Embroidery Pattern called "Oriental Inspirations: Chrysanthemums. 

This bag was a true test for my Bernina 830. I finally think that it is working perfectly.  This bag pattern can be a test of strength for any machine and my 830 passed the test. It didn't like the heaviness when doing the final stitching around the top, but everything else was very simple.

The Soft and Stable, works beautifully in this bag for firmness and protection for your IPad. (Here in Canada, I use 'Inn Control" which is available in my Shop!)

I need to get busy on my project for the "It's for the Birds" blog hop that starts May 7th. My day is the 15th so don't forget to come back and check it out.  In the mean time I need to work on my newsletter as the first of the month is always a reminder that it will need to be ready soon!


Things I found on the web:


  1. My boys will really like this recipe. Beer battered grilled cheese sandwiches. Only thing missing is bacon!
  2. Its 5 o'clock. Don't you wish you had taken the hamburger out earlier! Here's a great hint from Jillie!





1 comment:

Peggy said...

What a fabulous little bag! Really need to make a couple of those. And those sandwiches - can hardly wait for a chance to make them up for our boys!