Sunday, February 10, 2013

Play date with Bernina

Yesterday, after a 24 hour burst of nature, ( we got about 17 inches of snow), I travelled 2 hours (on some pretty treacherous roads)to my Bernina dealer (here's a shout out to "Art of Fabric" in Pickering, Ontario) for a class on some exciting new Bernina products!

Diane from Bernina Canada, was there to tell us about the Cutwork, Crystal Works and Paint Works software. It was pretty amazing stuff.

I have had the Cutwork software for some time and I was amazed at all the new stuff I learned. Then Diane demoed the add on tool, Paint Works worked. It is absolutely mind boggling how I now have the capability to draw a picture on fabric using my machine and textile markers.

Then to really "blow my mind". Diane showed us how to use crystal works. This tool in conjunction with the Cutwork software allows you to design a placement template to apply heat set crystals to anything you can iron. I am not a blingy person, but I ordered this tool, because I could see loads of other uses for it, including making templates for quilting and hand beading.

It was an exciting day and I was very glad I went! I can't wait to get home and turn on my machine!







No comments: