Tuesday, January 29, 2013

2 in one day

This mornings post was me reminiscing, this afternoons is me finishing.

I saw this blog about a Christmas Quilt-A-Long. I thought that it was a great idea and that I should join it. But now I can't find it. Seems to me it went something like... do a project every month for Christmas, post a picture on the 25th to share with the other quilt-a-longers (is that  a word?).

So I decided I would get a project done and even though it's a little after the 25th of January, I feel pretty stinkin good about finishing this runner. The pattern is called the Santa's coming table runner from Santa`s Coming by Art to Heart.

My DD came into the sewing room yesterday and asked me what I was making. I told her, a Christmas runner. She sweetly smiled, put her arm over my shoulder and said, " sorry to tell you mom, but you're a little late for Christmas."  I smiled back and said, " No I am not!!! I am about 12 months early!"



While I was in the sewing room yesterday, I had company. My granddaughter was home on a sick day and decided to sit with me.

When she saw what I was doing with the runner she said she thought she could do that too. So I scurried around and found her a little project and she choose her fabrics, busily traced and cut out her shapes and ironed them onto a background that I pieced for her.  (You can't see it but there is an "a"  on it... its just a little light!

She was so proud of herself once she had it all appliqued down. Now I just need to stitch around the pieces for her and get it ready for hanging.  It's the April Calendar from Count on it, also by Art to Heart.

It was a fun day!





No comments: