Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Week 5... already...


My granddaughters having a snow day

For those of you who think I have forgotten... again.... I have been away and haven't had time to work at anything... should have thought of the fact that I was going to be away most of January right from the get go, but I didn't....

Anyway, I have all 5 weeks started, 1 and 5 are finished so I just need to catch up with 2,3, and 4....

Week one of 52 Questions was..List something you are proud of...


I wasn't sure how you could list something you are proud of when you are working with fabric and making quilt blocks, but I finally decided to make a family tree and hang my kids on it. It didn't turn out as well as I would have liked, but I wasn't doing it over again. I didn't think the point of this was perfection... but a compilation of things done as you think about them. I like the tree, but the embroidery is all over the place. I did learn some techniques about embroidering letters and next time it should be a lot better. I think I am going to enjoy this... lots to learn as I go and totally out of my box.


Week 1

Week 2, 3 and 4... Well hopefully I will complete them in the next week, so I will be totally caught up.

Week 5, which is this week is: Use some ephemera from your week.


Great question and I wanted to oblige... but I had never heard the word "ephemera" before and had no clue what it meant.  I went to  Dale Anne's blog to see what she had done, and although her project was beautiful... it didn't help me... so off to the dictionary I went...

Ephemera is transitory written and printed matter not intended to be retained or preserved. The word derives from the Greek, meaning things lasting no more than a day.

Well that was helpful, except that I am working in fabric, making a quilt, that I hope will last more than a day! This question definitely made me sit and think. But it is funny how things work.... I happened to be leafing through my new Connecting Threads catalogue, when my hubby asked me to look for something for him and while I was looking I came across one piece of Printed Treasures Print Quality Cotton Fabric Sheets and ... Connecting Threads and fabric were married nicely on my photo copier and I have something ephemeral that will last me a life time... Oh, and that reminds me... I need to go find that thing for Victor... hmmmmmm... sidetracked again!


Week 5




This has been my first sew day in January, (haven't had much time to sew), so I am grateful that the heavens opened up and dumped 20 cm of snow on us, cancelling life as we know it here in our little town. I packed projects for camp, sewed a little, worked on my blog and now I am off to make supper.... It has been a great day!

No comments: